Purpose of Role
Two of Atlantis Health's key strategic pillars are ‘evolve with product’ and ‘data driven’. This position helps deliver on both strategic initiatives.
The primary goal for the Data Scientist role within Group Technology is to contribute to the delivery of Atlantis Health ‘Atlantis Intelligence’ solution. In addition to this, the role will support commercial operations, client project work and sales opportunities on an ad hoc basis with any enquiries that relate to the Data Science or Advanced Analytics domain (descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics).
This position requires experience with SQL queries, advanced analytics tools and concepts, and knowledge of data platforms, reporting tools and artificial intelligence / machine learning concepts.
Key Result Areas for the Role
- Provide input into the design and build of the Atlantis Intelligence solution
- Prepare data sets that are suitable for use in reporting and advanced analytics
- Document recommendations for core systems to optimise their suitability for advanced analytics (e.g. providing input into optimal survey design to allow enhanced analytics)
- Develop and build custom reports and queries for use by internal and external clients on an ad hoc basis
- Data collection, collation, mining, analysis (including statistical testing), & presentation to provide clear insights and conclusions
- Use tools such as R Studio, Python, Weka, Tableau, Power BI (or similar), SAS, SQL, SSIS, Excel and to perform the required functions of data extraction and reporting
- Use of MS Excel & database tools with an advanced skill level
- Two-way communication with business users of technical requirements, issues, and problems
- Education of colleagues in data science concepts as required
- Problem identification and solving, including work with the business to design and improve processes
- Read and write SQL with a reasonable level of proficiency (e.g. creation of stored procedures and complex multi-table joins, extract-transform-load techniques, creation of SQL views)
- Support application development (where requested) to include data modelling and integration with current systems for reporting and data visualization purposes
- Provide summarised data and information for inclusion in executive level management updates and presentations
- Develop a strong understanding of solutions, the underlying reporting framework, data models and database structures
- Assist in the continued improvement and maintenance of various reporting suites
- Provide insight and guidance on discussions relating to AI/Machine Learning as appropriate
- Participate in selection of tools, technologies, methodologies and partner products to help deliver Atlantis Healthcare solutions
- Supports the identification of needs for resources for successful project delivery
- Provides insight and analysis on projects
- Provides timely updates on status and any barriers in active projects
- Involved in providing estimates for report generation and advanced analytics on request
- AI / Machine Learning
- Project management
- Stakeholder Management
- Critical Thinking
Required IT Skill set:
- Experience with advanced statistical methods
- Database proficiency – an understanding of relational databases, and experience with SQL
- Experience with collecting, managing, analysing and presenting different data sources
- Experience with Microsoft 365 applications
- Experience with Tableau or similar reporting solutions
- An understanding of artificial intelligence / machine learning concepts
- A willingness to try new technology solutions
Ideal Prior Experience
- 1-2 years related experience within a similar role in a healthcare context
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Sound experience using IT programmes as listed above
This represents a great opportunity to do meaningful work in a global business that is growing. You will enjoy the experience of working on leading edge digital healthcare projects and be surrounded by a friendly social team based in Newmarket.
You must have the right to work full time in NZ.
Please read our HR privacy notice.